Sunday, January 18, 2009

Old Adages

So I always thought, "Don't cry over spilled milk" was primarily directed at children learning to deal with mistakes. Now I'm a Mom. I tell myself every day sometimes several times a day not to cry over THEIR spilled milk, juice, cereal, play-doh, clothes (or mine too actually)...Either way most messes can be cleaned up--or so I keep telling myself and them as we learn how to handle the world together. But sometimes those little phrases come in handy when you're looking down at a Dylan surrounded in his juice and all you want to do is stamp your foot and say, "NOT AGAIN!" So I now know that when most mother's say, "Don't cry over spilled milk" they're really reminding THEMSELVES!

1 comment:

  1. So true...and that's why mother's have to have so much patience or at least try to have so much patience!!

    ReplyDelete