Sunday, January 18, 2009

For Travelin' Dad

Isaac at bedtime: "My puppy is sad."
Renee: "Why is your puppy sad."
Isaac: "Dad-Eric is back in Kentucky."
Benjamin: "My puppy is sad too."
Renee: "I'm sad too. We'll see him again real soon."

But we're all chin-up and no tears. Besides. Benjamin had so much exercising to do that it sure took his mind off of things. He kept asking me for more drills to do and then would do more laps around the downstairs counting all the way (to a hundred...kind of). Then he went upstairs to weigh himself. "I'm a new number now!!! 3, 6!" So that convinced him that a peanut butter sandwich would help him grow better than a donut and he told me that if we would go pick strawberries, then he would eat them because they wouldn't be too big. We might make 4, 0 before he's ten yet!

1 comment:

  1. Tell him not to exercise too much because he won't be able to reach that 40 on the scale. He'll exercise it all off and never be able to eat enough. lol I wish the same were true for me!!

    ReplyDelete