Friday, July 24, 2009

More Photos

Tahiti 7/24/09 7:36 AM

Click on the photo to see more of Tahiti life.

The trains are running full steam ahead in the room adjacent to me, we've just finished breakfast and soon we will officially start our day by putting stickers on our calendar. We would check the weather, but it pretty much the same every day and we know that it will never snow, so we've given that activity up as far too redundant. After our "work" today, it will be a beach day.

Not every day is spent "lounging" on the beach. By the time I have everyone in swimsuits, packed the snacks, the toys, the floats, sunscreened us all sufficiently, packed it all including children into our double stroller, pushed them all the not quite a mile to the beach and made sure the walking child doesn't veer into traffic and then spend our time at the beach making sure Dylan doesn't drown and digging sand tunnels, I'm tired. So we average about twice a week at PK 18 Le Plage. I do love my "job" but I also find myself smiling at the singles and couples on holiday without children who seem to have an infinite amount of time to sunbathe and float luxuriously in the waves. Let's just say I don't find myself with any time to lay down and sun worship, but we do have fun.

Let's just hope there are no "Emergencies" today to hinder our cause. On Wednesday, the boys came running from their room, "Emergency, Emergency, Emergency!" Benjamin informed me that Husky dog was sick and had a high temperature. Isaac told me that Horsey was sick and Dylan came straggling behind with his blue puppy too. "Sick!" They had to take them all to the hospital of course and there the doctors established that Husky dog had been run over by the Bad guys who were trying to steal things in Dog Town and Husky Dog was trying to stop them. He broke all four legs. He had to be bandaged and put in the hospital. A hospital had to built first for him to stay at. That then became a tent for a camp out and then a circus. It was all quite the event.

Then yesterday, I walked by the boys room to see them all "floating" in their space ship--no gravity. I then learned that they had to leave the earth because there was a great fog all around the earth (Tahitian garbage fires??). They would be gone for 20 months and 20 days. Then the fog would clear and they would be able to return to earth. All the people of the earth were in space ships because of the fog.

But by and large we are very blessed with safety and protection and our "emergencies" are pretend. We hope to keep it that way.

5 comments:

  1. Love those imaginations and feel for you in the getting ready for the beach...it's a lot of work but will bring such great memories for the future. Keep on being such a good mom to those precious and active spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, I love the way you document all the little things your boys say and do. They're so cute! These memories are so precious and I hope I'll be able to do that for my family some day. Miss you guys lots and you're all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. It is like they have been watching WallE- everyone off earth in space ships.
    We have been enjoying beach days too- probably not as idyllic but fun none the less. Lots of hugs from the Florida Carrs (well til next month when we become North Carolina Carrs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, Sarah and I just spent a week in the Virgin Islands w/ the girls and some other family. While we had an incredible time, I sincerely understand your paragraph about watching other people (sans kids) "sunbathe and float luxuriously in the waves"! I wish you the best.
    -Stuart

    ReplyDelete